Great hiking trails await you on the east side of Jamaica. Here are some suggestions:
Guide Services are available for guests of Mokko’s guesthouse only. If you want Mokko to be your guide around the island, Guide Services are $20 US/day plus you must pay for transportation, food and entry fees and accommodations (if applicable) for both yourself and your guide.
- From Riverside Cool Cottages, you can enjoy a 3 day trip to the Blue Mountains, Jah B’s Guesthouse and Coffee plantation through Cedar Valley and Hagley Gap.
- Hike to the Rasta family on the hill. They cook nice food.
On the way you can visit an abandoned slave quarters (shorter but harder walk)
- Reggae Falls is about about a 1 mile hike off the road, after a taxi ride from Mokko’s. Hike is of moderate difficulty. What a view!
- Hiking trails abound around Sunning Hill and hike the rivers that run by Mokko’s house.
- Mount Felix is a town very close to Sunning Hill. It is a good hiking destination. You can visit the people of the town.
- The Cunha Cunha Pass Hiking Trail is a maintained trail that extends from Hayfield (near Mokko’s) to Millbank. From the trail you can get to Port Antonio. Mokko says you can hike to Port Antonio in a day!
Mokko says, “when you hike in the bush, always wear long pants, socks and shoes, long sleeves and take water.”